RSS

Hello and Welcome to Phonics and Homeschooling. The resources for teach children at home. A method of teaching reading in which people learn to associate letters with the speech sounds they represent, rather than learning to recognize the whole word as a unit. Also find information about children education at home or Homeschooling.

Fiction Writing Is Obsolete

By Linda Meckler

Are you a fiction writer and never been published? Do you write fiction and self publish your own books? Have you found that fiction is not what the books stores are stocking on their shelves now? If the answer is yes, read on.


Free Online Reading Assessment!


I am the author of a children’s fiction book and I have been trying to market my book. The easy part was writing my book. The hard part is the marketing.

Since my book is an adventure, mystery that is geared for children’s imagination and enjoyment of reading it is not what the retail people are buying.

The publishers and retail stores want non-fiction or historical novels even for children’s books.

Yes I loved to write my book and all my children’s books that are still unpublished and I am very sorry that I don’t feel the criteria for non-fiction - historical books.

I am afraid for all the children in this world today who find reading boring and time consuming. Who spend all there free time playing electronic games which is definitely more exciting than reading a book. What kind of adults will these children become in this complicated world?

So I say to you the retail people of America. Give the new authors a break. Try to find it in your heart as parents, grandparents let fiction live again and let’s start children reading again.

Thank you for reading my article. Please feel free to read my other articles.

Copyright 2006 Linda E. Meckler

"Ghost Kids Trilogy," Christy, 12 and her Brother Brad, 16 moves into an old house on top of a mountain and meet two Ghost Kids. Become involved with all the characters and all the adventure and mystery.

Christy and Brad and Ghost Kid Andrew, 8 and his baby sister Kristal Ann, age 14 months want to be reunited with their parents.

Then we have a mysterious, magical Blue Vase with Uncle Charlie the villain is trapped. He wants out of the Blue Vase and exchange he will tell Christy and Brad where Pirates’ Treasure is Hidden.

Take a walk with Christy and Brad down a dark hall hunting for Pirates” Treasure. You will think were you there right there with them.

Love, Family Values and Charity burst off the pages.

Check out my website http://www.lmeckler.com/

0 comments: